unveils the secret of Wong Ah Wah chicken wing in Jalan Alor


Coming back home without going to jalan Alor to visit Wong Ah Wah Chicken wing restaurant that will not be my happy holiday at all in my hometown

This is probably one of the best charcoal grilled babeque chicken wind in the world. I think many of Malaysian  would absolutely agreed with my opinion.



On my last night , I took very little dinner at home that dad prepared specially for me – The Hakka Salted Free range Chicken it was also one of my beloved dishes but I managed not to eat too much and allow some space for my wings.

I got there just before midnight with my friend Bernard who hails from Penang who is very proud of  their Penang hawker stall food and I try to tell him this is probably one of the best in the world. He was impressed after the first bite than say better than Penang lah.....




After been traveling for a while I noticed they already opened another shop which is now 5 shops in a row like a little empire of chicken wing business at this popular area of jalan Alor.



My friend was very impressed with the smokey taste and lightly honey marinated taste taste and not too sticky not others stall or too over powering with soy glazed.

                This time I detemind to find out how they archivevd the smokey taste ....



I went to the kitchen and spoken to the chef and he allow to grill the wings for one of the order. 
and he share some tips with me too...


                                               My mission accomplished with happy face ..








Comments

  1. Do you mind sharing the tips as well? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jamie


      Not at all, cooking and sharing food with friends around the world always been my passion!

      This is what the chef told me at Wong Ah wah


      1 kg Chicken wing


      marinate


      200ml soy
      50 ml honey
      20g pepper
      30g garlic finely chopped
      50g spring onion
      25g ginger

      Method as follow

      1. Pound the ginger and spring onion strain use just the juice
      2. combine all ingredients marinade over night
      3. Allow the the wing to smoke before to grilling it - see photo above, thats the secret of the smoky taste
      4. Regular basting the wings while grilling the wings takes about 15 minute - as i was there to see the wing being done !

      A very homemade hainanese chicken chili sauce will go yum with the wings !

      Enjoy


      Chefkuanlai

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts