gangham style korean eatery inspired my bulgogi beef..


bulgogi beef inspiration evoke all my senses 


Having korean barbecue is always has been my favourite choice in winter. After my dentist appointment with charles today at around 4pm i was desperately hungry for some yummy food in sea point.

In my thought was nothing better hot steamy soup or bbq................................Yes , I remembered my best friend Yueh Feng ( half korean with a jewish husband, she always know where to find best korean or chinese restaurant in Cape Town ) told me about this place in Sea Point long time ago.

The little korean eatery run by an elderly couple from South Korea and I found the little shop very quickly since i was starving of hunger in the cold

I was very pleased to see a korean spoken customer having his traditional table barbecue and looking very content ,thats has given me a good sign of authentic food is guarantee ha ha.


                                                             
                                                             




               I was in trying to decide order pork belly or the barbecue beef short ribs.....?

          


Kimchi and to fu soap and BBQ is a must always when i go to korean restaurant ....and my other mission today is to do a bit of research for my new creation.......The kimchi soup can be more spicy for my taste..the bbq beef short rib were great , tender and well marinaded just like the way i could remembered in Korea.




                  Now mission accomplish. The empty dishes said it all.......worth a visit for a quick bite . 

 



Guess what .... I discovered today the Korean watercress is amazingly nutty and flavorful unlike the watercress i used to eat in Asia or elsewhere in the world. 

Look like a flat leave parsley or i even thought was the coriander when the salad first arrived at the table with the sizzling hot plate with my bulgogi beef .

Mrs Yi - owner, later told me..They grew in their garden and freshly picked daily for the usage of the restaurant ........

Well, then i told her i did the same for Kitima . I pick the kaffir lime leave everyday from our garden in houtbay to used in most of our cooking. 

She then asked me - Am i a chef or blogger - so i said both. She inspired me to be blogger ha ha ..

I also know watercress has the ability of combat disease of cancer...So i encourage everyone eat more watercress...for salad , sautéed or make a chill soup.

Nothing fancy about the deco in fact is like walk in to their home where you see her bear is sitting one of the chair in the middle of the restaurant .   I thought was very cute ha ha.

I took the picture for someone i adored very much......i hope he will read my very first blog post teerak. 









Comments

Popular Posts